[Pd] Pd to CV for a Moog (OT)

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Sep 12 18:42:43 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 06:22:32PM +0200, Steffen wrote:

> On 12/09/2006, at 8.43, Chris McCormick wrote:
> >You can even make an über cheap awful sounding 8 bit "soundcard" like
> >that and drive it by sending 8 bit sample values directly to the
> >parallel
> >port.
>
> I'd be very interested to know how - do you care to elaborate or
> direct to appropriate information regarding this?

Christian pointed me here: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covox> which is
an (ancient) commercial implementation of the idea and tells you pretty
much everything you need to know. The key is to get very accurately
matched resistors. It's a lot of fun actually, to build yr own soundcard
that can be used by popular software such as wolfenstein 3d and
fasttracker II. ;)

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx