[Pd] Pd to CV for a Moog (OT)

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 00:24:24 CEST 2006

This sounds tempting, but for my project, it being a university (art
school, not EECS) computer, I also don't have access to a C compiler
on it.
It would be amazing to just walk in and plug a USB adapter into the
Mac and a phono plug at the other end into the Moog.
Now that I think about it, I believe my only choices are USB, 1394, and audio.

On 9/12/06, Christian Klippel <ck at mamalala.de> wrote:
> well, you could go and spend some bucks for such a converter, and yes, it
> shoudl work.
>
> but you can also directly use usb ....
> get some free samples of the pic18f2455, 2550, 4455 or 4550 from
> www.microchip.com
> you need only a few parts to make it work (namely, the usb socket, a crystal
> and some cap's). the first two are 28 pin devices, if you need more pins, use
> the latter two, they have 40 pins.
>
> the use the PUF (Pic USB Framework) from
> http://vasco.gforge.enseeiht.fr/index.php?article=PUF.html
>
> check the odyssey stuff as well, to get a diy programmer & software.
> dont know about mac (for the programmer part), but sdcc should compile there
> as well (which is needed to compile the pic source code)
>
> thats all .... you will get an incredibly cheap usb thing with that (the cost
> for the socket, crystal, etc... maybe 10 bucks in total), which you can
> freely program in c using the sdcc compiler.
> once the bootloader in programmed into the pic, all further code updates are
> done via usb, so you need a pic-programmer only for bootstrap (initial
> programming of the bootloader)
>
> > I think this muct of interest for Chuckk Hubbard, but it is of my own
> > interest aswell.
> >
> > best, steffen
> >

> if there is interrest, i can do a quick schematic of that.
>
> greets,
>
> chris

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt