[PD] FFT + dac~ delay issue

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 22:30:29 CEST 2006

On 9/15/06, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
>
> > I know, it really demystifies the whole Uncertainty Principle haze of
> > confusion.  After learning that it's just a result of tradeoffs with
> > mathematical measurements, it doesn't seem like such a deep and powerful
> > revelation of the universe.
>
> It should instead appear as a deeper and more powerful revelation of the
> universe. Just because now you understand it doesn't mean it's not deep,
> it just means that you are deeper :)

It highlights the fact that the thing observed is never the
thing-in-itself, for one.  That no matter how well you know any thing
or system, it's still only your own mind that you are knowing.  I
mean, the principle applies to every measurement, not just scientific
ones.  Kind of solipsistic.
For me, it also brings to mind the question of the fundamental unit of
matter.  If there is such a thing, and it can never be accurately
measured, then whether it is "particle" or "wave" isn't knowable or
relevant.  If it's the structure within which we evolved since
forever, how can it be dissected into other things?
When some thing can't be explained in terms of other things, people
get uncomfortable.  They resort to giving names, like Adam.

-Chuckk