[PD] patching without mouse

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 26 07:16:55 CEST 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Marius Schebella wrote:

> pd is great... but after some time of pd-patching, I find one thing
> quite bothersome: clicking into the canvas to exit the status of the
> object box after creation and typing text into it. Is there an alternate
> solution, I maybe don't know of? otoh "enter" would be my first choice,

It's already bound to that key in DesireData. Btw that key is really
called Return in Tcl/Tk (the name Enter is reserved for mouseover).

The former Return is bound to Ctrl+Return, but it's not like you can
expect Pd to preserve newlines across saves.

> "esc" the second

I have just bound this to a cancellation of the current edit: the
ObjectBox or MessageBox or Comment will revert to its previous contents.
(This change is available in CVS right now)