recursive paths [WAS: Re: [PD] missing externals after compilation]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 10 00:51:16 CEST 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> This is also how Max/MSP/Jitter works, as well as the extensions.  For
> example, [jit.convolve] is Jitter's convolution tool, and [ice.lattice]
> is a really neat third party GUI extension (wouldn't mind some more of
> _those_ in Pd).

And for example, [lti.CholeskyDecomposition], [lti.RegionsPolygonizer],
[lti.PolygonApproximation], ... but those aren't in Jitter, they aren't in
MAX/MSP, they're in Pd and precisely GridFlow.

The rest of GridFlow uses the "#" prefix except for a few exceptions.
(those exceptions are mostly either as compatibility with legacy software,
or as classes that I believe should be part of Pd itself but aren't; in
any case, the "#" prefix is reserved for objects that are specifically
designed to deal with grids, so it can't be representative of all that we
need to put in GridFlow)

> ons kk.name to avoid namespace conflict (it started when I made
> my own version of spigot~ for audio, which was just like spigot for
> messages...guess the rest).

me, it just started when i cloned [demux] from jMax...