[PD] GEM: pix_movie outlet doesnt send any signal?

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 11 08:21:13 CEST 2006

Hello,

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> additionally it would also be nice to know which gfx-hardware you are
> using (on the xp cvs version, chris has done some magic to circumvent
> the crappy and outdated openGL-headers that come with w32 (they really
> want you to use direct3d); this _might_ cause some problems on older
> hardware (i don't know, but it would be good if we could check...)

You've it in the mile, I've tried on another machine with win32 and a
Nvidia Gforce3, pix_film doesn't crash, at gemwin creation, everything
else seems okay.

The hardware where Gem fails is laptop amd64 with a chipset VIA and a
graphic card S3G UniChrome Pro IGP.
  I still didn't try to make a .pd_linux version with gem sources, so I
don't know if the last sources of Gem are okay with my amd64 under
linux(Debian sid). I'll try in several days when my artistic project
with pd is over. I could also learn to compile Gem on win32 by the same
occasion, with minGW.
Patco.

Demandez à ceux qui savent sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com