[PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

\js js0000 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 15:12:03 CEST 2006

hi

On 10/16/06, Pete Hindle <petehindle at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> For instance, the website puredata.info could use some sprucing up.
> I don't have any CMS axe to grind, but it would be nice if the front
> page was less technobabble and more advertisement for PD.

well, there seems to be some misunderstanding about open source projects.

there is no army of HTML designers ready to do this redesign. pretty
much everything associated with pd was done because somebody gave
their time to do it.

so, *you* could do it [prolly involves work], but there's no one else
who's going to pick it up. it's not like apple [ipod-land], where
people are paid to do this kinda work. it's a community based project-
uneven and irregular [like communities are].

--
\js  [ http://or8.net/~johns/ ]