[Pd] Serial port out

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:16:04 CET 2006

With the ratios of on and off bits, though, wouldn't it be possible to
use, say, 512 bytes per value?  I don't understand how the start and
end bits work, exactly.
I happen to have a HIN232:
http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1345.html
Although I'm guessing that it will be simpler without the extra volts.

Baud rate is something I don't understand too.  Would a super-high
baud rate minimalize the effects of the start/end bits?

ANYWAY, I'm still not sure how to use the [comport] object.  I tried
the help patch, but I don't know how to test it.

-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."