[PD] how do I build plugin~ from the CVS repo?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 5 20:04:41 CET 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:28 PM, james tittle wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2006, at 11:14 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> FYI, I just enabled the building of [plugin~] on Mac OS X.  So it
>> should be included in nightly builds and upcoming test and final
>> releases.
>
> ...this sounds good, but what will this build of [plugin~] do on
> OSX?  The problem has with this external has not been "can it
> compile" but rather "which plugin does it support?", because it
> compiles as VST on some systems, and LADSPA on others...
>
> ...I've never gotten the VST version to work on OSX, but the LADSPA
> is easy enough, if you have LADSPA installed system wide on the
> machine:  any ideas on making LADSPA portable in the app package?

It builds with LADSPA.  LADSPA is in Fink, and one of the last steps
of the Pd-extended.app build process is to grab all dependencies from
Fink and add them to the Pd-extended.app.  So LADSPA plugins should
"just work" AFAIK (look at Pd-extended.app/Contents/lib to see what's
included).  otool doesn't list any LADSPA libs, so I guess its
statically linked or something.

It loads in last night's autobuild, but I don't have any LADSPA
plugins to test with:

http://autobuild.puredata.info

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic