[PD] pix_record mixed pixes

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 7 18:24:38 CET 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> due to the signal-flow nature of pix-processing you have to add
> [pix_record] after all pix-processing objects you want to have an effect
> on the recorded video.

that's not very surprising: the same thing would happen to messages and
DSP. (well, I'm surprised by the phrase "signal flow": what does it mean?)

what's a lot more surprising is that

[pix_video]

[pix_gain]

[t a a]
  |   |
  |  [pix_invert]

[pix_record]

actually applies [pix_invert], because gem messages handle pix (and all
the other state) by pointer, so that the pix seemingly sent from
[pix_gain] to [pix_record] is actually modified although the message sent
isn't modified.

This doesn't necessarily happen in other video plugins.