[PD] YAMIB: yet another mac intel build

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Wed Dec 13 15:42:36 CET 2006

On 13/12/2006, at 6.58, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Ok, please test the next nightly build on the Mac/Intel, 2006-12-13.

There is no intel mac build from today(13th of dec). But there are
two from the 12th:

* Pd-0.39.2-extended-test6-macosx104-i386
* Pd-0.39.2-extended-2006-12-12-macosx104-i386

The later apears as the last few builds, hence "don't work". It
returns the "audio I/O stuck... closing audio" error and can't open
patches.

The fist, the test6 one, does work! That is: It can open a patch form
the help browser and make a sine tone i can hear with my ears through
the speakers from my computer. (Thats all i just tested.) That is
well nice! I also noticed that you've striped the ppc bin out - thanks.

What is the deal with the regular builds and the test<number> builds?
Do they differ only on the Tcl/Tk use?

> It turns out that the Tcl/Tk that Apple includes on Mac/Intel is
> buggy...

It might be, i guess, even though the build "i" did which uses the
included Tcl/Tk did work. It might also be quite nice to use the
newer Tcl/Tk since words from both you and matju has been that it has
improved. So thumbs up. The version only matters one the build
machine, right?