[PD] Abstraction [define]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 17 13:06:09 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 11:35 +0100, Steffen wrote:
> On 17/12/2006, at 5.13, Chris McCormick wrote:
>
> > I use these a lot in my own patches at the moment in order to do in-
> > patch
> > state saving of all sliders without any externals. It works very
> > nicely
> > with no fuss.
>
> That and the consensus expressed in other emails in this tread that
> the definition of state is subjective might be good reasons for not
> implementing state saving? Ie.: We want to save different things, and
> we can, isn't that enough?
>
> Another thing related to this; i don't understand why it is so
> important to bundle "things" into one file? The freedom that resides
> in modularity i (at least) hold quite dear.

to have the opportunity of bundling things doesn't mean the must to
bundle things, so nobody would loose any freedom. but it would make
sharing patches a lot easier, *especially* if you are using extensively
the freedom that modularity gives you (ie. if you use a lot of selfmade
abstractions).

roman