[PD] Gem Crashes

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 07:09:44 CET 2006

Hello,

The following consistently crashes on winXP, with the latest extended
build binary on Hans' page (test6), and with a newer version of PD
(0.40.0):
Open any [pix_whatever] reference file that uses an image
load an image with [pix_image], either by typing a direct reference,
or by using [openpanel]
Create the gem window

As soon as the Gem window is created, pd crashes entirely.

Now, I used a version of Gem that is known to work with whatever
version of PD is installed on my other computer. But I'm REALLY
confused, that it would crash two rather different versions of PD, yet
work okay on my other PC... Does this make any sense to anyboday?

~David