[PD] reverse delay for live signal processing?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Dec 26 19:58:28 CET 2006

Hi Kevin,

I didn't implement reverse here, but it does cover quite a few other
live-looping possibilities (granulation, pitch shift...):

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-02/035624.html

Let me know if it doesn't make sense... some day I'll clean it up for
proper release.

best,
d.

Kevin McCoy wrote:
> Hello listy,
>
> A lot of my friends play instruments I would like to process in
> realtime.  I understand that one popular approach is with delay
> objects.  At first I was wondering if there was a special array that
> didn't give dropouts when it was rewritten in realtime.  I don't think
> there is?
>
> But similar things could be accomplished if there was a way to access a
> [delaywrite~] buffer as dynamically as you can an array.  One example
> would be reading the buffer backwards?
>
> I'm eventually looking to build something similar to one of those Boss
> Loopstations where you can overdub, reverse, etc in realtime.
>
> Granted, I know next to nothing about how these things are actually
> coded inside, but I thought I would pose the question and ask for ideas.
>
> Thank you!
> Kevin

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 60:
"Don't be afraid of things because they're easy to do"