[PD] Memento global and local saving?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Mar 4 11:58:31 CET 2007

Hallo,
Luke Iannini (pd) hat gesagt: // Luke Iannini (pd) wrote:

> I have converted all of my abstractions to use Memento, and I'm
> following the rradical design style so that I can build complex
> patches, then save their entire states.  Samplers, oscillators,
> sequencers, envelopes, it's all working wonderfully.  But!  Often I've
> wanted to just save one unit's settings without grabbing the entirety
> of my opened patches.

Acutally that is what the "svxdir/ldxdir file.xml" methods of
[originator] were supposed to handle. The approach was to have it work
like in attached example patches. For debugging purposes the commands
sent to the internal [pool] are still printed into the console.
However it doesn't work. :( Probably I'm misunderstanding how the
pool-methods svxdir/ldxdir are supposed to work. According to the
pool-help.pd they should save and load the contents of the current
directory. However what they actually do save and load is a full tree,
including the toplevel name. Until pool gets a method (or until I find
the existing method of pool) that really only saves the content of a
directory and nothing else I'm afraid there's no way to easily save
and load local states. (You could of course build your own
local-saver...)

Ciao