[PD] Superdiscounter update [was: Re: Superdiscounter]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 7 11:09:09 CET 2007

Hallo,
Steffen hat gesagt: // Steffen wrote:

> When one move one of the "beat indicators" in the graphical
> representation of the rhythm past, say, the next indicator, the time
> till the next beat will get quite long (im guessing the difference
> plus one cycle length). That is somewhat counterintuitive from the
> point of view of the graphical representation, i my head at least. -
> It could of cause be intended.

Attached is a reworked version of [superdiscounter]. It doesn't
completely fix the problem you pointed out, but it now has a much
nicer view of the deviations. The deviations now are specified and
stored as percentage values, not as absolute values anymore. This
allows for bi-directional editing of the deviation patterns: You can
now either move the deviation markers left or right as before, or draw
them vertically as in a [table]. Both views are linked with each
other. Deviations now cannot exceed a (-100, +100) percent range.
Changing the highlighting now doesn't reset the deviation pattern
anymore.

Known bug: Importing a new list or quickly editing the pattern
graphically may distrub the total length of the pattern as can be
checked in the lower right timer. I would be grateful for an idea how
to fix that. I probably need to keep track of the length of the delay
currently scheduled and compare it to the new delay length created by
the edit operation and then adapt both to keep the total length but
this is a tricky problem ... Any takers?

Go shopping, have fun.

Ciao