[PD] pd installer for macosx not recognizing preferences

Luigi Rensinghoff luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
Wed Mar 7 12:36:01 CET 2007

Am 07.03.2007 um 12:19 schrieb Steffen:

> On 07/03/2007, at 0.21, august wrote:
>
>> the instructions say: [snip]
>>
>> I do exactly that and while I can get PD to run, it will not load
>> any of
>> the libraries.
>
> I'm not sure i understand. What do you mean by "not load"? What
> libraries/objects would you want to use, but can't?

I had something similar the other day, when i checked out "pdmtl", an
abstraction collection from Montreal.
sometimes "gem" was loaded sometimes not, the "genhead" object was
dotted, but if i created a new one it worked.

And the "startup" and "path" windows are a ****sorry*** mess.
I explain why:  If you want to add a new path, usually all the lines
are occupied and not all of them (around 30) are displayes so what i
do is :copy a line, usually change the last path-entry, and i
separate the two entries with a ":".

There is the property List editor, but its somehow very uncomfortable
to edit entried there....

Is sthg wrong with that ? My impression is: sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesnt...

i think the "autogenerated" Preferences do not work a 100%, would it
be possible to have a similar script locally, that checks all the
folders. What was always strange to me: If you tell PD to search in a
path, would it not be the easiest to just check all the subfolders ???