[PD] dynamic gui object creation / setting size

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 8 11:00:35 CET 2007

hi tutti

Gernot Tutner wrote:
> thx for this fast response, but...
>> see http://puredata.info/docs/developer/fileformat
> i know that.

good.

>> if you are unsure, it is always a good idea to just save the gui object
>> with the properties you want to a file and copy (and adjust) the
arguments.
> i also know and tried that :-)

good too.

now you should know everything there is to know about that ;-)

>> i don't think that you can just skip the parameters that you are not
>> interested in, you really have to specify all of them
>>
>> like: "obj 50 100 tgl 5 0 none none none 0 0 0 0 0 1
>> 2 0 0"
>
> doesn't help. i was just to lazy to make an example-patch with all the
> parameters in the message-box.

then i don't understand your problem.
it would be good if you could tell us what you want to acchieve exactly,
and how pd fails to do so.

> actually if i send an message like "obj x y tgl" to my canvas i get a
> toggle with default parameter-values.

yes true.
however, this does not mean, that specifying one parameter will give you
an object with all parameters set to default values but the first parameter.

mfg.adsr
IOhannes