[PD] Percolate

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Fri Mar 9 00:03:37 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 23:37 +0100, Thomas Grill wrote:
> > Is Flext based externals, which need be GPL externals, violating the
> > GPL when used as Max/MSP externals? If so, and if the GPL is not
> > violated when using the Flext based externals with Pd, then it makes
> > sense in my head to distinguish between binary and source wrt
> > violation against the GPL. But Flext might have a clause that catches
> > just that?
> >
> To my mind, flext-based Max externals would only violate the GPL, if
> they were shipped closed-source with Max.
> If the are GPL'd as well and installed by the user, i don't see why this
> should be a problem.

although i don't really like this clause, the following description is
quite clear:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLPluginsInNF

tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

There's no such entity as "most people". These are generalities. All
generalities are meaningless. You've got to pin it down to a specific
person doing a specific thing at a specific time and space.
  William S. Burroughs