[PD] ANN: munger1~ port (from the Percolate library)

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Mar 13 10:37:04 CET 2007

Hey,

On 13/03/2007, at 5.29, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> 3) Start your app (PD or Max) and create object called munger1~.
> Right-click
> (ctrl-click on Macs) and select "help" and this should open the
> help file
> with additional documentation.

I was wondering what this object does. So i downloaded  it to see the
help patch, as suggested. But it is fairly hard not to get lost, as
there are so much info on little space. My suggestion is to chunk it
in bits. (And make a counter sub-patch instead of using a counter
object.)

However, i fund in the pdf-manual for PeRColate, that

"the munger~: a granulizing delay-line. Takes a signal in and spits
out a stereo
signal of little (or big) grains, transposed, backwards/forwards,
enveloped
(sorta), with nifty pitch sieves to play pretty chords. The maximum
number of
voices is limited only by your CPU (up to some very high hardwired
limit),
and can be changed smoothly while running. A maximum delay-length is set
with the argument, and the working delay-length can be swept smoothly.
Check out the help file, which actually explains what most of the
parameters
mean. Good thing, because I keep forgetting."

which might be of interest for others like little knowing like me.

That said, thanks for making this. I think it's time to install Flext
here.