[PD] flext on INTEL-Mac was : ANN: munger1~ port (from the Percolate library)

Luigi Rensinghoff luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
Tue Mar 13 11:43:03 CET 2007

Am 13.03.2007 um 10:37 schrieb Steffen:

> Hey,
>
> On 13/03/2007, at 5.29, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>
>> 3) Start your app (PD or Max) and create object called munger1~.
>> Right-click
>> (ctrl-click on Macs) and select "help" and this should open the
>> help file
>> with additional documentation.
>
> I was wondering what this object does. So i downloaded  it to see the
> help patch, as suggested. But it is fairly hard not to get lost, as
> there are so much info on little space. My suggestion is to chunk it
> in bits. (And make a counter sub-patch instead of using a counter
> object.)
>
> However, i fund in the pdf-manual for PeRColate, that
>
> "the munger~: a granulizing delay-line. Takes a signal in and spits
> out a stereo
> signal of little (or big) grains, transposed, backwards/forwards,
> enveloped
> (sorta), with nifty pitch sieves to play pretty chords. The maximum
> number of
> voices is limited only by your CPU (up to some very high hardwired
> limit),
> and can be changed smoothly while running. A maximum delay-length
> is set
> with the argument, and the working delay-length can be swept smoothly.
> Check out the help file, which actually explains what most of the
> parameters
> mean. Good thing, because I keep forgetting."
>
> which might be of interest for others like little knowing like me.
>
> That said, thanks for making this. I think it's time to install Flext
> here.

Hey,
would be nice to see if it works on a Macbook, i thought ;-)
So i downloaded and compiled STK....worked fine, adjusted all the
path's in "config.txt" and "config-mac-pd-gcc.txt"

and then:

lbind.opp pd-darwin/release-shared/flmap.opp pd-darwin/release-shared/
flstk.opp  -lstk
/usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -lstk
/usr/bin/libtool: file: -lstk is not an object file (not allowed in a
library)

i get this.

who could help me please.

Bye