[PD] Help - filters & band limited oscillators!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 15 08:11:13 CET 2007

Hallo,
David Powers hat gesagt: // David Powers wrote:

> Thanks for your help, I'm sorry to sound grumpy, it's just that in
> searching the archives mostly all I found was my old query for a year
> ago. Plus everyone says to use [blosc~] but I posted in my first post,
> that [blosc~] is broken, and I believe that it's known, ie here is
> says:
> http://blog.soundsorange.net/index.php/archives/2006/09/28/exploring-pd-extended/
> "exploring pd extended
> 27/9/2006
> CPU load rating
> blosc~ - intriguing band limited oscillators, but patch is self
> referential and not working"

The blosc~ we're referring to is not a patch, it is an external.  I
suppose by self-referential you mean, that the help-file for blosc~
has the same name as the blosc~-external. That is generally no problem
and many older externals had their help files named like the object,
because the help file is located in a different directory than the
external. If you have installed the blosc~.pd help file in your Pd
path, then of course you may have problems. (This might be an issue in
pd-extended, I don't know, I don't use it normally.) The "fix" is to
move blosc~.pd to 5.reference or rename it to blosc~-help.pd or write
a bug report for pd-extended.

Ciao