[PD] Help - filters & band limited oscillators!

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 16 12:17:40 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 12:38 -0600, David Powers wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 04:46 -0600, David Powers wrote:
> > > I found those, but are they really band-limited? I'm fairly sure I
> > > hear ugly digital artifacts in the saw.
> >
> > what artifacts? can you elaborate that a bit more?
>
> Hi, listen at exactly 474 hz, and tell me if you think something sound
> funny to you, I guess...

ok. i am testing with the rme-card at 44100kHz and good earphones now
and i hear it too. i did't look too deep into the problem yet, but as i
said, this example is not completely working as it should. also did
guenter in his post say something like that this example should be
considered as a raw sketcht to show how the algorithm works. i tested
again my version with the rme and i can't notice any aliasing. so try
rather that one.

note:
it was quite interesting for me to see, that cheap cards introduce
aliasing, even when playing [osc~]'s. i didn't know about that huge
difference before.

roman