[PD] Help - filters & band limited oscillators!

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:27:09 CET 2007

On 3/16/07, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 12:38 -0600, David Powers wrote:
> > >
> > > what artifacts? can you elaborate that a bit more?
> >
> > Hi, listen at exactly 474 hz, and tell me if you think something sound
> > funny to you, I guess...
>
> ok. i am testing with the rme-card at 44100kHz and good earphones now
> and i hear it too. i did't look too deep into the problem yet, but as i
> said, this example is not completely working as it should. also did
> guenter in his post say something like that this example should be
> considered as a raw sketcht to show how the algorithm works. i tested
> again my version with the rme and i can't notice any aliasing. so try
> rather that one.
>
> note:
> it was quite interesting for me to see, that cheap cards introduce
> aliasing, even when playing [osc~]'s. i didn't know about that huge
> difference before.
>
> roman

Aha, that's interesting ... I am indeed on a built in soundcard on my
laptop, which is undoubtedly cheap - it's a work laptop from the
office, not one built for music, I don't own a laptop of own or a good
soundcard...

Anyway, now I am curious to use the ASIO driver and a different sample
rate, to see if it makes any difference...

~David