[PD] Getting (not pure) data over the internet

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 23 03:19:47 CET 2007

Umm, isn't the local port always 80 for http, and the remote and local
port numbers always identical for tcp?
Anyway, [tcpclient] lets you do the important CRLF combo which
[netclient] won't, and any http-compliant web server will not reply
until it gets that.
With [tcpclient] you can do a message like
[send 71 69 84 32 104 116 116 112 58 47 47 47 105 110 100 101 120 46 104
116 109 108 13 10(
which is the ASCII representation of
GET http:///index.html CRLF
The string objects I was working on allow you to do this using ordinary
text (except that so far you still need to give 13 10 instead of
CarriageReturn, LineFeed)

Martin