[PD] [ot?] pd and ableton via jack

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Mar 25 01:19:47 CET 2007

What's the combined CPU usage of all three together?
The RAM usage?

I've noticed that running PD with Live has a high graphical overhead on
OSX. PD's GUI isn't very optimized on OSX and Ableton is simply bloated.
You might try changing the way you view your samples in Live...get rid
of the waveform viewer, which uses a lot of graphics resources as well.
I recall now that I had this problem early on with my set that used
both, and that's how I dealt with it.

Last, my OSX has been 10.4 for a while now. Maybe JackOSX is better
integrated with 10.4?

best,
d.

Myo wrote:
> hello list,
>
> I apologize if this is too off topic, but I figured there would be
> many people in this same situation here that could help.
>
> I'm trying to route audio from pd and ableton live via jack on mac os
> x 10.3.9. pd is 0.38.4-extended, ableton is 5.2, and jack is 0.74.
> interface is presonus firebox.
>
> I get everything running ok, but still get pops and clicks. changing
> the buffer size, number of physical i/o, number of virtual i/o,
> closing background processes, all have no effect. both live and pd
> function normally without jack, so I know it has something to do with
> the interactions of the 3 programs.
>
> any suggestions are very welcome.
>
> thanks alot
> cory

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 10:
"Allow an easement (an easement is the abandonment of a stricture)"