[PD] [sqosc~]-issues

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 27 06:37:13 CEST 2007

Thanks, Charles,
For Windows, I found
int _isnan(double x) in float.h; it returns non-zero if x is NaN.
Also in float.h,
int _finite(double x) returns zero if the number is +- infinite or a
NaN, so that would seem to cover every possibility.
and
int _fpclass(double x) returns a specific code for each type of NaN as
well as zero and non-zero numbers.
There don't seem to be any float versions of these.
If the overhead is not too high it would make sense to use one of these
in any dsp routine that might generate such values.
Ideally it should be on the input to [dac~] so it only needs to be
called once per sample, but I'll try it on sqosc~ to see what happens...

Martin