[PD] [sqosc~]-issues

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 27 10:14:24 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 01:37 +0200, Derek Holzer wrote:
> After having done lots of work with recursive feedback structures in PD
> using delays and filters, I can positively say that PD (rather then
> Jack) is making the problem in every one of my cases. YMMV. But for me,
> it always happens when delay lines or resonant filters become feedback
> saturated to the point of being pure DC. The offending object must then
> be cut and pasted (i.e. reset) to get rid of the "nan" signal, so try
> cut/paste rather than restart and see if it helps you next time.

sometimes it helps to delete the object, that outputs a 'nan'-signal.
but sometimes, as andy said, just cutting this object doesn't help to
get rid of the 'nan'. i even had some cases, where i had to restart
jackd. i don't know the internals behind pd/jackd, but i can say for
sure, that it is _possible_ to turn jackd unusuable with a 'nan'-signal
(i don't say, it happens each time). but i can't tell, whether pd or
jackd is the cause of the problem (maybe both?).

roman