[PD] how to use a dollar argument

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 3 11:30:01 CEST 2007

Hallo,
ugur guney hat gesagt: // ugur guney wrote:

> # Becauseof its special usage, could it be a good idea to allow using $0 in
> message boxes? Or is it a bad idea? :-)
> # One needs often to use $0 in message boxes (but this gives an errr of
> course) But it'll make an ambiguity between the $'s in object boxes and
> message boxes.

This discussion came up several times in the past. So far the people
who didn't like $0 in message boxes always have won. ;)

I think, now that Pd (0.40/1) got a setable [send] and especially
$-replacement in the middle of a symbol (not only at the start as it
was until 0.39) the need to actually use $0 in a message box became
less urgent. (See attachement)

Ciao