[PD] A little help in automating pd?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue May 8 05:54:00 CEST 2007

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 12:41:24PM +0200, Daniel Wilcox wrote:
> - Is there a built in way to close an open pd patch from within pd ...?

What I usually do in this situation is have several container subpatches
like [pd instrument1] [pd instrument2] etc.. and then send internal
messages to each one to instantiate objects:

[; pd-instrument1 obj 10 10 my-awesome-patch arg1 arg2 arg3...; (

And to delete/close your patch:

[; pd-instrument1 clear; (

I'm not sure if I can say why this is better than using open and close.
It just seems cleaner and more programmatic to me for some reason.

Best,

Chris.