[PD] Looping samples with tabread4~

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu May 17 13:10:06 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 12:49 +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Yes, I did once exactly what you describe, and it works.
>
> (well to be precise I didn't do *exactly* what you described: I snapshotted
> the vline~ output to get the current position, so it worked only within
> block accuracy; however, I understand your solution and it should definitely
> work with (sub)sample accuracy)

since there is [vsnapshot~], even this approach should work with sample
accuracy.

> However, in this approach the pitch input is control, i.e. number, it is not
> a signal.
> This doesn't allow for a signal input pitch.

hey, but you showed us an interesting use of [rpole~] for doing that. i
think that this is a nice example of using the elementary filters in
other contexts than filter design. i probably would have found often
much more straightforwards solutions for certain problems, if i'd
thought of using elementary filters.

roman