[PD] colour (color) tracking

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 17 15:47:54 CEST 2007

Sion Dalais wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am trying to make a multi colour (color!) tracker
> that sees red and blue seperately.
>
> to get my head round it i thought i would just start
> by making a single colour tracker that i could
> manually switch between red and blue. i'm using the
> movement detection patch that came in the pd browser
> and trying to work with pix_blob. but even when i put
> red mode in and weight it to red it still seems to be
> quite happy to track any colour/movement at all.
>
> any help or tips would be really helpful.

i don't know your patch.

but of course you cannot clamp the G&B channels to zero and expect that
you will then see only the red color: instead remember that in RGB
space, a bright red, a bright yellow and a bright magenta (and a bright
white) will all have the Red channel at full-scale (so your detector
will "see" red, magenta, yellow & white all the same color and detect
accordingly)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes