[PD] basic questions

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Thu May 17 17:12:35 CEST 2007

> 1) I understand the concept of "abstraction", but when i use them in my
> patchs they don't work. Even with abstraction and patch saved into the same
> directory...what i'm missing?

Hi Cristiano, could you be more specific about what doesn't work?  For
example, does the object not create?  Have you created them with inlets and
outlets, etc?

2) In sampling with "soundfiler" object, i cannot acess my samples, even
> adressing their directories in "startup" and "paths", what's missing?

Again, what errors are you getting?  It sounds like you are trying to setup
a sample directory with the paths option... someone more experienced than me
will have to chime in on whether this works.  I always provide the full path
(for example, from an [openpanel] object).  If you could copy and paste what
you see from the main window (where errors and other info are printed) it
would help.

Kevin