[PD] puredata evolution

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Sat May 26 16:53:14 CEST 2007

victor wrote:

> summarizing: Which is the next future of PureData

this is an interesting question. it seems from my understanding that Miller
has his own roadmap (hence pd 0.40 vs 0.39) and the development is not
particularly 'open' in this sense.

i feel if there were some defined goals that everyone knew about then
someone like myself could jump in and start programming something. but
there doesn't seem to be such a roadmap, and so we put up with pd's
'quirks' because there doesn't seem to be much point in fixing/changing
them if our fixes/changes aren't going to make it into the next version
anyway, since what is planned or desired for the next version is so closed.

damian stewart | +44 7854 493 796 | damian at frey.co.nz
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz