[PD] libjack-0.80.0.so.0

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu May 31 00:02:35 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 21:31 +0200, Wolfgang Fulda wrote:
> hello list,
>
> trying to run various pd-extended-versions (0.38 onto 0.40) under Linux
> (opensuse 10.2) I continually get:
>
> /"error while loading shared libraries: libjack-0.80.0.so.0:
> cannot/ /open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> I've browsed not only the pd-archives to see, that this is a common problem -
>
> Recently I had ///pd ///running fine under Linux-distribution kubuntu 6.06 -
> there was/// a "libjack0.100..."/// automatically installed by the package.
> But for other reasons I cannot use this distribution -
> so it would be nice to do it this way ...
>
> Are there probably ///any helpful ideas? Thank you!

hi wolfgang

obviously pd misses libjack-0.80.0.so.0. i am not familiar with
opensuse, but if there is something like a package manager, try to find
and install libjack from there.

if you don't find it, you could compile libjack yourself (i've never
done that myself before, but it should be possible)

third option: you could compile pd yourself (without having jack support
enabled). though, compiling whole pd extended might not be that easy.

aah, and maybe you could just grab the file libjack-0.80.0.so.0 from a
package of a distro, that has libjack. (maybe old stable debian sarge
has it)

roman