[PD] [OT] Voice Synth

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jun 3 00:38:37 CEST 2007

moin Roman, moin all,

On 2007-06-02 11:53:21, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> appears to
have written:
> but i couldn't find a help file. also when i create it, i get the
> message:
>
> ratts: Realtime Analog Text-To-Speech externals v0.04 by Bryan Jurish
> ratts: Based on text-to-speech code by Nick Ing-Simmons and Jon Iles
> ratts: and PD external code by Orm Finnendahl and Travis Newhouse
>
> but the object doesn't get any inlets nor outlets. maybe you can tell us
> a bit more about this external?

Since Georg has already plugged my site (thanks, Georg!) , I will
refrain from doing so at this juncture.

[ratts] is just a dummy object which causes the whole library to be
loaded.  <rant>I used to be (actually, I still am) of the opinion that
every external *library* should be dynamically loadable (which they
are), and that it should be possible for any given abstraction to
specify the libraries it requires by placing library-named objects (e.g.
[zexy], [ratts], etc.) onto its canvas.  Unfortunately, in my case, this
practice has lead to much wailing and gnashing of teeth in particular
with respect to pd-0.40.x and flext-based externals.  Don't ask me
why.</rant>

If you grab the "official" ratts distribution, you should have a
help-file ratts-help.pd for [ratts] which gives you an overview of the
various objects and abstractions in the library.  If you just want pd to
talk, check out the "ratts~" abstraction: text in, speech signal out.

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology