[PD] [OT] Voice Synth

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Sun Jun 3 23:10:43 CEST 2007

Hi Bryan,
No need to apologize. I wasn't trying to suggest that there was
anything wrong with Ratts. I think Ratts is really cool and I used it
in a recent online project called "On Everything" (http://
pallit.lhi.is/on_everything). But when I started looking at voice
synthesis through PD, I wasn't looking for anything complex with lots
of capabilities. I just wanted a really synthy sounding voice inside
PD. It took me a while to glean from the help files, the bare
essentials to getting PD+ratts to "say" something and when I did, it
turned out to be a lot simpler than I felt that the sample and help
files made it look at first. So, perhaps it would be good to have one
patch with the help files that is just the bare minimum. Some of us
like to get that so we can then dive right in and start experimenting
with it ourselves.

But again, ratts is great and I expect to use it in some future
projects as well.

Pall

--
Pall Thayer