[PD] [OT] Voice Synth

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jun 3 00:40:31 CEST 2007

moin Pall, moin list,

Many apologies that the ratts help files seem to be less than entirely
intuitive to first-time users; in my defense, I can only say: "sheesh,
man, if you folks think the ratts pd API is poorly documented, y'all
should see the rsynth code"...

ok, now that I've gotten that out of my system (no flame intended,
honestly): do you have an immediate suggestion as to how I could improve
things?  I realize that a ratts chain has more user-settable parameters
than you can shake a proverbial stick at, but the defaults should be
sensible (if you want something that sounds vaguely like human speech),
and playing with those strange animals is half the fun ;-)  I included
the 'ratts~' abstraction so that users could get an idea how all those
separate objects work together and/or just "make pd talk"; and I rather
hoped that the 'ratts-help.pd' help patch would suffice for an overview
of the objects in it... oh well...

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2007-06-02 15:49:43, Pall Thayer <palli at pallit.lhi.is> appears to
have written:
> Hi list,
>
> I've toyed around with Ratts quite a bit and when you do have the help
> files it makes everything seem more complicated than it really is. So,
> here's a little patch that contains the bare essentials that you need to
> do start experimenting with Ratts:
>
> ratsass.pd:
[snip]

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology