[PD] Clickable gop data structure

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jun 7 12:41:23 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Jamie Bullock hat gesagt: // Jamie Bullock wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 23:05 -0400, Chris McCormick wrote:
> > I seem to remember a release where this detects just plain old mouse
> > clicks (i.e. no drag or modification) so that you could build your own
> > 'toggle' for example. Am I just dreaming that or is it real? I can't
> > find anything in the docs about the struct output, though I know I've
> > used it before.
>
> Yes, this is what I was really after. I tried Frank's suggestion, and
> [struct] does 'detect' clicks, but only in edit mode and not for GOP.

Yes, data structes don't (yet) handle pure clicks, only changes are
detected. See attached example. In edit mode, the select/deselect
operation is detected as well, but yes, this doesn't work with GOP.

Click-detection would be useful as well, however I think a more
general mechanism for click detection anywhere in a (sub-)patch would
be useful as well (like [tot] does).

> In the end I used Geunther's [image], which does the job, but isn't
> ideal i) because of the external dependency and ii) because there's
> no image scaling, but does enable you to make nice looking buttons
> if you hide a bang behind it.

[ivnt] from iemgui might be another alternative.

Ciao