[PD] elitism, software and academia (was GEM FTGL Sadness)

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Fri Jun 8 21:35:13 CEST 2007

Hallo!

> Nice try but not functionnal...
> pd-extended provides a maximum of functionning externals, gives a lot of
> examples, but it doesn't provide a fully fonctionning set of objects
> like net-pd does

Yes I know that it does not work yet, but thats the goal of pd-extended ...

> if there is not room enough to put the name of the dependances, like in
> almost all example patches, or original abstractions, why not replacing
> the name of the autor with something more usefull...

[import] in pd extended ... ;) ... so you have the documentation and the

However, I only wanted to say that the goal of pd-extended is exactly
what you described - of course it does not work yet and I don't know if
it will work in future ...
And you are invited to help - cleaning up some patches, adding comments,
include out-of-the-box examples, ... everything you described is really
useful and appreciated.

LG
Georg