[PD] Welcome to the 90s

Sukandar Kartadinata sk at glui.de
Tue Jun 12 01:08:38 CEST 2007

>>> On a side note, I wonder if hardware manufacturers will ever start
>>> implementing OSC in their instruments?
>>>

>> as someone who has worked a little with embedded programming: i
>> doubt it.
>> when you've only got 16k of flash memory in which to fit
>> *everything*, and
>> 700 bytes of RAM, it's hard to justify doing string comparisons.
>>

> I'm using these things:
> http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/rcm3700/
> , which are embedded controllers with 512k of flash and another
> 512k of
> RAM. I  have implemented OSC communications over UDP with them, to
> switch relays and read sensors.

as far as OSC sensor interfaces goes there's also some listed here:
http://www.sensorwiki.org/index.php/Sensor_interfaces

but I guess that's not the hardware manufactures ggp was talking about
for custom designs it can make sense though

> I'm also interested in this qwerk thingie:
> http://www.charmedlabs.com/index.php?
> option=com_content&task=view&id=29

thanks for the link
finally an ARM board with an FPU
(even an FPGA on there - could port the gluion onto this baby...)