[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended), Pd-ext bug-tracker (was Re: elitism, software and academia)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 14 11:17:57 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 16:07 -0500, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
> You can submit edited patches to the bug tracker on the sourceforge
> page [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=55736&atid=478070
> direct link].
>
> I am now wondering something: why haven't these awesomely functional
> netpd object been included as abstractions within Pd-extended?!?!

because nobody included them yet. ;-)

> Seriously, they are the most functional and useable
> get-started-out-of-box things to represent Pd around, and they are not
> in Pd-extended!

the question is: how should they be included? should they be included as
they are now, with the gui and their dependency on the netpd-framework?
or would it make more sense to strip everything off to get a working
subset of abstractions, that can be used in a more flexible way? as far
as i understand the concept of pd-extended as a collection of
abstractions and externals (read: collection of tools/utility rather
than a collection of examples), i'd vote for the latter, though that
would involve a lot more work.

i'd rather do not include the abstractions/patches myself and i'd rather
do not make the decision on how they should be included. but i'd be
willing to deliver stripped off abstractions with helpfiles from my own
netpd-patches, so someone else could could include/organize them in
pd-extended.

roman