[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended), Pd-ext bug-tracker (was Re: elitism, software and academia)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 14 14:29:15 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 15:17 +0200, Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> > maybe some chosen patches could be converted to work standalone,
> > but it would be lots of work ... and introduce new bugs.
> > some systems like the fx-library system for the mixer were
> > specially developed that different users can develop effects
> > without touching the mixer itself. somehow that wouldn't make
> > sense in a standalone version.
>
> you don't have to convert them - you could add them as they are, so they
> would work with netpd and are included in pd-extended ...
>
> But I don't know much about netpd so I migth be wrong ...

two prerequisites must be fullfilled in order to work netpd-patches in
standalone mode in pd-extended:

a) netpd-abs need to be included as well

b) an additional patch, that imitates the netpd-server would be needed.
basically that patch would just be:

[r netpd-broadcast]

|     [r netpd-send]
|     |
|     [list split 1]
|           /
|  ________/
|/
[s netpd-receive]

(yeah, in ascii art you can have segmented patch cords ;-) )

roman