[PD] DSP abstractions [was: netpd ...]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jun 17 13:11:40 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 11:10 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Then it won't work for people who have iemlib installed somewhere else
> > and/or load it as a library.
>
> i thought, we do that effort to include the result into pd-extended?

To me this isn't about enforcing a certain kind of Pd-distribution,
but just collecting dsp-abstractions in one place, together with
help-files, to give peoply the freedom to use them in any way they
like. However [iemlib/bp2~] is an object name, that outside of
Pd-extended is completely unknown.

> if that is the case, shouldn't we focus on make it working there
> first?

Then [import iemlib], [declare -lib iemlib] or so is better. This
would give an error, if import isn't available, but at least the
abstraction would still work, if someone loads iemlib as a library.

Also bp2~.pd is just an abstraction that inside calls [filter~] which
is a part of iemlib as well, so loading iemlib as a library/libdir may
be necessary anyways.

Ciao