[PD] [dsplib]: how should it be maintained?

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Jun 19 22:23:27 CEST 2007

On 19/06/2007, at 21.55, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> a wiki-page for streamlining the idea and a little howto-guide
> (with the
> stuff we already discussed) would be nice, though i don't know how to
> create the page, respectively who as write acces to it.

I think it's a matter for proposing it to he pdweb list.
Alternatively it could go into a README. Thats what they are for, i
think.

>> Question. Will all the object be like:
>> 	input: control data
>> 	output: signal/"audio",
>> or will the also be ("audio manipulators") objects like:
>> 	input: signal/"audio"
>> 	output: singal/"audio"?
>
> i'd say both, any module that either generates or manipulates audio
> signals.

Cool. Then that should be added too, i think.

As i see it now, based on the discussion, the lazy-consensus
principle, the fact that no one objected against that all
abstractions in the lib should have a help file, a README could sound:

-----
This lib, tilde, is focused on dps'ish abstractions that either
generates or manipulates audio signals.

To add to the lib either check it into _the_ cvs if you have access
or ask someone that have access to check it in for you.

All abstractions in the lib need have a corresponding help file
documenting the inlet(s) and outlet(s).

In case your abstraction have dependencies document it somewhere. In
case the dependencies are not available anywhere and are in them self
abstraction (ie. not externals) add them to a subfolder to not
pollute the namespace of the lib.
-----

eh?