[PD] PD] Shader for 3d flattening

vade doktorp at mac.com
Sun Jul 8 06:39:14 CEST 2007

This is typically called render to texture, and shaders dont
particularly solve this problem (at least, as far as my limited
knowledge of them has ascertained).

You should be able to use pix_snap2tex (I recall this from my old GEM
work), to 'render' to a texture and then process those textures with
GLSL shaders.

Here is an example patch which uses pix_snap (not to texture), I just
tested it and it throws some errors, but it should demonstrate the
theory.

On Jul 7, 2007, at 10:49 AM, maciej wojnicki wrote:

> hello list
>
> I have been reading the thread about the glsl shaders lately and
> got quite excitet about all the possibilities that open with this
> method.
> I am wondering if I could find somewhere a shader that would take
> some gem primitives and flatten them to a picture of desired size
> (e.g. 640x480) so it would then be possible to process them with
> pix objects.
>
> For example I`d like to take some rectangulars, flatten them and
> then use it as a mask for some video, combining two pictures with
> pix_multiply.
>
> Is there any shader like that?
> Anyone knows how to write it?
>
> Thank you in advance