[PD] another PDa platform

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jul 13 04:37:36 CEST 2007

I forgot to mention, it's 233Mhz of integer-only, so any float
calculations are really slow.  It does somethings fine, like
osciliators, others not good.

.hc

On Jul 12, 2007, at 10:34 PM, David Merrill wrote:

> Sure, but there's a lot that 233Mhz can still do - perhaps running
> convolutions on long buffers would make it fall over, but for a lot
> of synthesis flavors, audio processing and input-handling it seems
> like it would work just fine. How cheap are these units?
>
> Also, I'm curious - does anyone know what was the outcome of the PD
> on gumstix that some people were trying out a while back?
> -David M.
>
> On 7/12/07, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> I cc'ed the list since I think this is of general interest.
>
> It's using a USB audio sound card.  I am not sure it's totally
> suited to the audiopint. They are quite slow.  This one is 233Mhz.
> It mostly interesting because it's small, cheap, and low power.
>
> .hc
>
> On Jul 12, 2007, at 7:01 PM, David Merrill wrote:
>
>> Hey HC -
>> That sounds like an intriguing platform for the Audiopint.. So it
>> has on-board audio, and can run PDa unmodified?
>> -Dave
>>
>> On 7/12/07, Hans-Christoph Steiner < hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> THis is mostly just an FYI, I worked on a freelance project using
>> Günter's PDa on some embedded systems.  The machines worked well, and
>> are relatively cheap, so I thought I'd post the make/model in case
>> anyone is interested:
>>

>> http://www.embeddedarm.com/
>>
>> The box is a "TS-7KV" running "Technologic Systems TS-LINUX/arm 7.0".
>>
>> .hc

>> ---
>> ----
>>
>> Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
>> It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and
>> expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
>> on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom

>> --
>> MIT Media Lab
>> dmerrill at media.mit.edu
>> http://web.media.mit.edu/~dmerrill/

> ------
>
> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
> one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a
> better language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John
> Donne
>

> --
> MIT Media Lab
> dmerrill at media.mit.edu
> http://web.media.mit.edu/~dmerrill/

----

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.