[PD] OSC between win and mac

Marko Timlin susi at timlin.de
Tue Jul 31 15:21:10 CEST 2007

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgghhhhhh,
I send and SOS to the world, I hope that someone get´s my...message in a bottle.

still fiddling around with that bl##dy OSC connection form Windows to Mac or Pd to Max respectively.

sending OSC from Mac using Max to Windows using Pd works just fine
sending OSC from Windows using Pd to Mac using Max doesn´t work, I receive the following message:
SendData::SendHTMSocket()failure -- not connected

to receive I use the dumpOSC object to send I use the sendOSC object.
I give in the IP number of the Mac and its port, but...nothing :-(

by the way, sending and receiving OSC from Pd to Reaktor on Windows works also perfectly.

any suggestions are warmly welcome.
thanks,
M.

Mojn,
	mind the portnumbers.

UDP is like a scream/stream, just broadcasting on the whole network for
anyone to listen on that port. TCP/IP does handshake on two channels
(eg port 4444 and 4445) involving al kinds of "are you ready, oh, I
didnt get that", messages.

If you want to connect both ways with UDP select two different
portnumbers for the two senders (5555 7777).

Make shure these ports are free, on win do Run/"netstat -a 30" to see.
on mac I don't know.

And as Martin says: "Mind the networkfiltering (firewalls)", these ports
need to be open for network traffic.

Good luck

mvh/Steffen Leve Poulsen

Marko Timlin skrev:
> Moi,
> where can I find "martin's net/osc objects" mentioned below by IOhannes?
>
> and why do I have to set up the machines to pass udp packets on port 7000? is
there a reason why port 7000 and not any other port???