[PD] wanna get drunk?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:51:24 CEST 2007

On 8/3/07, chris clepper <cgclepper at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/07, Steffen Leve Poulsen <slagmark at worldonline.dk> wrote:
> > OK what about [walk] ?
>
> [stagger]
> [stumble]
> [tipsy]
> [blotto]

LOL
I never did care much for the term "drunkard's walk."  It's pretty old
fashioned.  Also, not descriptive enough.  We're talking about Markov
processes or Brownian motion, here.... and there are differences... I
would recommend addressing the technical specs with a concise/accurate
abstraction name, and then wrap it up into a more-user-friendly name,
like [blotto], that can handle the best default values, and is more
memorable than say d_markov_walk or c_brownian....
e.g.
Is it discrete (integer based) or continuous (real/rational)?

maybe there should be distinctions or a parameter to tell the difference?

d_walk  -- discrete random walk
c_walk  -- continuous random walk

walk d
walk c