[PD] Gem and ieee1394 firewire cam on linux debian

Tim Boykett tim at timesup.org
Thu Aug 16 07:54:22 CEST 2007

Hi Georg,

  Thanks for your reply. When you say "quite some time ago" when was
that approximately? I see that in Dec 06 Ico Bukvic was having
the same problem, but the thread stops on the PD list.

Anyway, I tried your suggestion.

When I try this I get "Bad argument for message 'driver' to object
'pix_videoNEW'"

Seeing as when I send |driver 1( to pix_video I receive the error
message that refers to /dev/ieee1394/dv/host0/PAL/in, or host1 if I
have send |device 1( message, then I would guess that the external
is trying to do the right thing.

I must mention that /dev/ieee1394 does not even exist in my hierarchy.
Perhaps something has not been created for this.

However, Kino and dvgrab work "out of the box" so the basics are all
working fine. Only PD is trying to do the wrong thing.

Hmmm, any further ideas?

Cheers,

tim